Morcott Jumble Sale is on Saturday, 18 October at the Village Hall, with doors open at 2pm (small entry charge).
Donations of clothing (for men, women & children), house-hold linen, kids’ toys, books, shoes, handbags, belts and bric-a-brac or priceless antiques all welcome. Please bring to the Hall from 9.30am. Helpers needed for sorting and for selling. Speak to Tricia Williams on 747 515.
This is a fund-raiser for St Mary’s Church.
The minutes of the meeting of Morcott Parish Council held on 9 September 2014 may be read HERE
The Statement of Expenditure for the financial year 2014/15 may be viewed HERE.
The first autumn get-together of Morcott Gardening Group is this Sunday 28 September at 8 School Lane, at 3pm.
Tea & cake, chat about the GG’s plans and compare notes on autumn gardening challenges. New members welcome!
On Sunday 14 September, an exhibition focusing on the Morcott residents who served in the Great War will be staged in St Mary’s Church, between 10am and 4pm.
It is organised by Anthony Martin, who has brought together information and documents relating to the men and women from the village who volunteered their services in the years 1914-1918. Anthony will be on hand to help explain the exhibits and to answer any questions that visitors may have.
The date of the exhibition is timed to co-incide wih the day that the very first volunteer from Morcott, Private James Woodward of the 9th Battalion Leicestershire Regiment, joined up.
He never came home.
Morcott Parish Council meets on Tuesday 9 September 2014 at 7.30pm.
This is a public meeting and all villagers are welcome.
- Members register
- Apologies for absence
- Declarations of interests and requests for dispensation
- To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 15th July 2014
- Clerk’s Report and actions since the last meeting to include: The White Horse Inn; Phone Box; Fence on the High Street; War Memorial; Blocked drains
- Democratic 10 minutes: an opportunity for the electorate to speak on any subject relating to the village.
- To receive the schedule of accounts since last meeting
- Conservation Area Appraisal
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment for Rutland 2014 – Draft Methodology
- To consider the quotations for cemetery grass cutting for the season commencing April 2015
- To consider Rutland County Council services in Morcott
- Planning applications:
- Date of next meeting