The next meeting of Morcott Parish Council is Tuesday 10 December at 7.30pm in the Village Hall. Members of the public are welcome to attend and there’s an opportunity – the Democracy slot – to address the PC on any village issue.
The AGENDA is:
- Members register
- To receive the acceptance of office from Cllr Maureen Allan
- Apologies for absence
- Declarations of interests and requests for dispensation
- To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday 8th October 2013
- To receive the Report of application for Planning Permission
- Clerk’s Report and actions since the last meeting
- Democratic 10 minutes. An opportunity for the electorate to speak on any subject relating to the village.
- Village Plan: Consideration of next steps (paper circulated); Review of action plan to be scheduled for the next meeting
- To receive the schedule of accounts since last meeting
- Works required in Morcott
- Speed Watch scheme – details previously circulated to councillors
- To approve the precept for 2014 – 2015
- War memorial
- To consider and adapting and adopting NALC’s Model Standing orders copy of which was distributed to councillors at the last meeting
- A47 -To request action by Rutland County Council Highways department
- To consider the purchase of a green grit bin for Back Lane/Fydell Row
- Rutland Town and Villages Services/Facilities Survey Update (copy form enclosed)
- To consider any applications for Planning Permission received in time for the meeting
- Correspondence: Morcott Conservation Area – letter from David Trubshaw RCC and response; Bicycle Racks – letter from RCC and response; Cycle Routes – letter from RCC and response; Notes of Parish Forum meeting Tuesday 22nd October 2013; Next meeting 27th January 2014; Royal Tiger Association – request for a donation for a memorial; Morcott Mill – New sails to be completed by the end of the year, completion of project in the New Year; Rutland County Council – Wheels to Work Scheme
After a very successful launch gathering, the next get-together of Morcott’s new Gardening Group has a festive theme: making your own Christmas Door Wreath.
It’s on Saturday 7th December 10.30am – 12.30 in the Village Hall.
Pat Simmonds is leading the morning: a basic metal frame and wire will be provided, but DO bring your own greenery and any other decoration you want to incorporate.
There is a charge of £5 to cover the Village Hall hire. Please contact Jane Page, Tricia Jones or Sue Hodson to book your place.
The first get-together of 2014 will be on Thursday 16 January at 10.30am, at 17 High Street. The theme is Common-Sense Gardening. Come along and be prepared to contribute your Best Tip (and say why) and your Best Plant (and say why) to the discussion, along with any horticultural quandries you have to fire up friendly discussion, which will include discussing 2014 plans.
The First Contact Bus will be visiting Morcott again this week (and next month).
The bus will park on the High Street by the Church, between 2.30 – 3.30pm each time.
On-board experts can provide free advice on home security, independent living, money and benefits, consumer rights, avoiding falls, health and staying safe… among key topics. This is an initiative from Rutland Community Spirit and Rutland Volunteer Centre, in partnership with Rutland County Council, Age UK, Trading Standards Institute, the Police and Spire Homes.