Morcott Parish Council would like to remind everyone, especially those who have moved to the village in the last year or so, that we have a Village Plan.
It was completed in May 2013 and represents villagers’ views on the nature of our community and the local environment, our social amenities and other services. It highlights what we value about Morcott, and our aspirations for the future. The entire village was involved at every stage, from answering questionnaires and attending open meetings to consultation groups on specific themes.
It is available in PDF form on the website (follow this link to the Village Plan page) and may be downloaded. Parish Council Chair Maureen Allan (747 203) also has a few printed copies available at a nominal cost of £5.
A reminder that the re-scheduled Plant Sale is this Sunday afternoon, at 2pm and the venue is Jane Page’s house, 17 High Street.
All welcome. If you have extra seedlings, perennials you’ve divided or even seeds you haven’t got around to planting, please bring them to swap, and even if not, do come to buy from other gardeners.
There will be tea & coffee and a raffle. Afterwards, the Gardening Group will be going walkabout to a handful of our own gardens, to share ideas and advice.
On Thursday 21 May, the Group is heading off to Bluebell Nursery, from 29 High Street (Tricia Jones’ house) at 11am. Contact Tricia on 747 851 about sharing cars.
This notice is posted at the request of Morcott Parish Council.
Re: Notice of Convoy Working Temporary Reduced Speed Limit on the A47 from the County boundary at Belton in Rutland to the County boundary at Tixover, Rutland
Please find attached the Notice and accompanying plan in respect of the Temporary reduced speed limit in the above areas in Rutland which will come into effect on 18th May 2015.
The effect of the order will be that during the dates and times specified below there shall be an imposed temporary 40 mph speed limit prior to and after road works and temporary 10 mph speed limit within the mobile works.
The temporary speed restriction shall be as follows:
- From 18th May 2015 for a period of twelve months on the A47 from the County boundary at Belton in Rutland to the County boundary at Tixover, a temporary reduction of speed limit from National limit to 40 mph.
- The imposed temporary reduction of speed limit from National limit to 40 mph and within the works, reduce the speed limit to 10 mph.
- Notwithstanding the above, the speed limit will revert to the National Speed limit once the road markings have been replaced, which is expected to be within 10 days.
Below, in PDF form, are the official notice confirming this from RCC and a map indicating the length of the A47 affected.
Prior to the commencement of the following meeting at 7.10 p.m. there will be a presentation to retiring councillors.
To all members of Morcott Parish Council: 12th May 2015
Your presence is requested to the Annual Parish meeting of Morcott Parish Council at 7.30 p.m. Wednesday 20th May 2015 in Morcott Village Hall. Below is an agenda of items for discussion:
Susan Awcock, Clerk to the Council
- Election of chair for the forthcoming year
- To receive the declaration of acceptance of office of chairman
- Members register, receipt of members acceptance of office and code of conduct
- Apologies for absence:
- Declarations of interests and requests for dispensation:
- To elect the deputy chair for the forthcoming year
- To elect a member for the following responsibility who will recommend any action to council for a decision
- Planning applications
- Media (website with council chair and the clerk)
- Development planning & strategy (Village Plan)
- Tree warden
- Street Scene
- To approve the accounts for the year ended 31.03.2015 and complete the annual return.
- To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Tuesday 10th March
- To receive the report of the Annual Parish Meeting held on Tuesday 14th April 2015
- Clerk’s Report and actions since the last meeting
- Review of the following documents:
- Standing Orders
- Financial Regulations
- Freedom of information
- Democratic 10 minutes, an opportunity for the public to speak on any subject relating to the village
- To consider any increase in allotment & allotment field rents
- To consider taking action to stop dog fouling in the village
- To consider the way forward regarding the suggested development of the White Horse Inn and adjoining field
- To consider a request from PC Dan Holmes relating to speeding in villages.
- To receive the schedule of accounts since last meeting
- To consider and approve the insurance renewal for the year 2015 – 2016
- Planning Applications
2015/0231/CAT Fell1 No. Weeping Willow. 25 High Street, Morcott, LE159DN Mr. P. Giles
2015/0290/CAT Fell 1 No. Magnolia Tree Fell 1 No. Maple Tree. 11, Willoughby Road, LE15 9DY. Ms Ann James
2015/0300/CAT Fell 2 Sycamore Trees. 27 High Street, LE15 9DN. Mrs Sharon Walker.
2015/0315/CAT Crown reduce 1 No. Yew Tree by 2 – 3 metres. Morcott Hall, 10 High Street, LE15 9DN. Mrs T. Rowley:
Planning applications received in time for the meeting.
- Citizens advice bureau
- Rutland County Council notes of the Parish Forum Meeting held on Monday 30th March 2015.
- RCC Diary of Village events 2015
- Date of next meeting
- Consideration of issues raised by the public during the democratic 10 minutes:
- Minutes of the meeting held on 10th March 2015
- Report of the Parish meeting held on 14th April 2015
- Standing orders
- Financial Regulations
- Freedom of information
- Copy email from PC Dan Holmes
- Accounts to date
Rutland Red Hatters, the social group to which several Morcott women belong, is running a coach trip to the NEC in Birmingham to attend Gardeners World Live.
The date is Saturday 13 June. Depart from Uppingham approx 8.30am, return to Uppingham approx 6.30pm.
Entry to the show is included in the price of £38. All the info is here: http://www.bbcgardenersworldlive.com/Content/Welcome/1/
The trip is now being opened up to help fill the remaining coach seats. If you would like to join us, please get in touch with the organiser Tessa Angell on 07825138241 or email her angelltessa (at) gmail (dot) com BY SUNDAY EVENING THIS WEEK, as Tessa has to confirm and pay for tickets.
Just before midnight on Friday, Rutland County Council posted the following result online. The actual declaration can be seen if you click HERE
The results are:
ELECTED to Morcott Parish Council
- ALLAN, Maureen: 139 votes
- HARDING, Neil: 80 votes
- JOHNSON, Andrew: 119 votes
- JOYCE, David Leonard George: 116 votes
- TRAYLEN, Nicholas Anthony Radclyffe: 79 votes
- WHITFIELD, Martin: 89 votes
- WILLIAMS, Jane: 147 votes
- DEBAR, Michael John: 75 votes
- MARTIN, Patrick John: 69 votes
- PRITCHARD, Graham: 66 votes
In the County Council Election, Edward BAINES was re-elected as Ward Councillor for Martinsthorpe (which means he is Morcott’s County Councillor).
In addition to the General Election on Thursday, this is a reminder that all seven seats on Morcott Parish Council are up for election. The polling station is the Village Hall.
Registered electors have up to 7 votes to cast between the 10 candidates, who are:
- ALLAN, Maureen
- DEBAR, Michael John
- HARDING, Neil
- JOHNSON, Andrew
- JOYCE, David Leonard George
- MARTIN, Patrick John
- PRITCHARD, Graham
- TRAYLEN, Nicholas Anthony Radclyffe
- WHITFIELD, Martin
- WILLIAMS, Jane