NOTICE FROM RUTLAND COUNTY COUNCIL: ANNUAL CANVASS OF ELECTORS
Households will soon be receiving a form asking residents to check whether the information that appears on the electoral register for those living at their address is correct, as part of Rutland’s annual voter registration canvass.
The aim of the form is to ensure that the electoral register is up to date and to identify any residents who are not currently registered so that they can be encouraged to do so.
RCC is due to send forms out on 21 August. This year RCC is introducing an automated (free) phone system to confirm ‘no changes’ to the names on the printed form. There will also be the option to make any changes online.
Click on the RCCAnnualCanvassElectors info sheet for further details.
The Clerk to Morcott Parish Council has asked the website admin to post the certificate, signed by auditors Grant Thornton, which is the Conclusion of Audit for the accounting year ending 31 March 2015. A statement of accounts may be viewed by appointment with the Clerk.
The Clerk to Morcott Parish Council has asked the website admin to post the Minutes of the meeting held 27 July 2015.
They may be viewed in PDF form, and downloaded from here: MPCMinutes27July2015
Rutland County Council has issued a closure notice for Willoughby Road coming into force 17th August 2015.
Willoughby Road is expected to be closed on the following dates in order to allow heavy goods vehicles to access the Civic Amenity site: Tuesday 18th/Wednesday 19th/Thursday 20th August and Tuesday 25th/Wednesday 26th/Thursday 27th August 2015.
It will be closed from the junction with the High Street to the junction with Glebe Road (ie where the road from Pilton crosses over to go to South Luffenham).
The closure will be continuously enforced during the two periods specified; reasonable facilities will be provided to allow access to ‘adjacent premises’ while the work is being carried out. The alternative route to North Luffenham will be Wing Road, Pilton Lane, Glebe Road (and in reverse).
You can download the OFFICIAL NOTICE here.
There are half a dozen items now offered on the village website’s Freecycle/For Sale page. Do check in and have a look.
The Parish Clerk has asked the website admin to publish the Agenda for the next meeting, which is to be on Monday 27 July at 7.30pm in Morcott Village Hall – please note this is a change of date.
- Members register
- Apologies for absence:
- Declarations of interests and requests for dispensation:
- To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 20th May 2015
- Clerk’s Report and actions since the last meeting
- Democratic 10 minutes. An opportunity for the electorate to speak on any subject relating to the village.
- To receive the schedule of accounts since last meeting
- Reports and recommendations for consideration by council (reports are in pdf form at the end of this notice)
- Street Scene: Reports attached, 1a,2a,3a,4a,5a,6a,7a,8a.
- Media: Report attached 1b.
- Community Infrastructure planning (Village Plan) copy response to RCC attached 1c.
- Tree Warden – Tree in the Churchyard
- The White Horse Working Party: Report 4e.attached.
- Update on the progress for extending footpaths
- To consider applying for Government funding to conform with the transparency code
- To consider any increase in allotment and allotment field rents.
- To consider signatories for completion of revised bank mandate
- To consider any action following a request from a member of the public for an agenda item relating to the War Memorial
- To consider giving a donation to Rutland Citizens Advice Bureau
- Applications for planning permission:
- Any other plans received in time for the meeting.
- Consideration of issues raised by the public during the democratic 10 minutes
- Date of next meeting
REPORTS are attached in PDF form:
Report 1a; Report 2a; Report 3a; Report 4a; Reports 5a,6a,7a,8a
Report 4e (Report 4e(1), Report 4e(2) and Report 4e(3))